All Saints’ National School was established in 1847. It is located on the main street in the town of Carnew.
The school is a listed building and is described as follows in the Wicklow County Council Town Plan;
beside the Church of Ireland Church is a circa 1840 building of three bays and two storeys with rendered walls, granite, chamfered dressings, transom and mullioned windows, a high pitched roof and gables.
There is a wing on the east containing the door case.
There is a large playground for the children at the back of the church with grass and tarmac which are marked out for basketball and playground games.
The former teachers residence was completely renovated in 2000 to provide a very large meeting area which can be divided into two rooms when necessary. There are also modern kitchen facilities and toilets upstairs. Downstairs, in the school there are two large classrooms and a secretary’s office.
The Woolgreen garden was established in 2005 as part of the school’s Green Flag initiative. The cast iron railing encloses the garden which was designed by Betsy Hickey (Ecologist, Heritage in Schools Scheme). The children were involved in planting bulbs and shrubs and help to keep the garden maintained. A fairy garden was recently added.